Monday 17 August 2009

manufacture either laptops or batteries

Laptop battery fires are dangerous Practically every single one of the big name companies that manufacture either laptops or batteries for Laptop Battery (Sony, Hewlett-Packard, Toshiba and Dell, among others) have recalled batteries because of certain issues. Although I commend these companies for owning up to the defects or potential dangers that their products might possess and assuming the big financial burden that a recall entails, it should not mean that laptop users should become complacent if their laptops are not included in any kind of battery or product recall IBM Laptop Battery program. It is okay to think that your laptop is safe and functions well, but it does not mean that you should be too confident and not take the Hp laptop battery necessary precautions. I still have to warn laptop users to be extra mindful when using their portables especially during extended usage times. Heat is the biggest enemy of laptops and an overheated machine could actually cause the batteries in the laptop to explode with disastrous consequences. To illustrate how potentially dangerous a laptop battery explosion is, just watch the video made by the team at PC Pitstop as they simulate a laptop IBM 92P1101 Battery fire. If that doesn’t make you more cautious, I don’t know what will.


Do you like this article? Submit it to Blogosphere News!

Jeremy Toeman has put together an excellent post on getting the most out of your laptop battery over on his blog here. While some of the tips are fairly self explanitory (like closing unused programs) he goes into a bit more detail specifically Hp PB991A battery mentioning programs we tend to ignore and leave open like IM clients, little utilities like clocks and little applets/widgets.


Jeremy also goes into IBM 08K8192 Battery more detail about tweaking the advanced power-saver settings on newer laptops. Great resource over all, I do have to say that battery life has become the single biggest reason I no longer enjoy using my MacBook Pro. With typical usage (Java development/Web browsing/Email) I get around 2/2.5 hours of life which in my estimation is totally unacceptable for a “mobile” device of any kind. There is nothing mobile about me carrying around my charger everywhere I go.

Choose Wisely. Good: Word, Excel, Outlook, Text Editors. Bad: anything by Adobe (you think Microsoft has bloatware, have you noticed IBM 08K8193 Battery Hp PB994A battery how long even Acrobat takes to launch these days???), all Google plugins, many ‘Widgets’, ‘Gadgets’, etc. All I can say is pick your battles wisely. 50 minutes of a video game ate up over 2 hours of my battery time, whereas writing email or documents tend to use up less than what Windows predicts (about 105% of the estimate on average). I’ve also found WinDVD is right on the money for IBM 08K8195 Battery consumption, and Windows Media Player is a little power-hungry (by the way, if you are using your laptop to play music make Hp PB992A battery certain you disable visualizations). On that note, don’t use your laptop to play music unless absolutely necessary, it’s a real resource killer.

Watch That Hard Drive. I just wrote, don’t play music, but the reason is mostly about your drive. The more it spins, the more power it takes. Make sure you’ve set your basic power option to turn off your drive relatively fast, but not necessarily too fast. Some drives use more power getting started than staying running for short periods of time. I set my Vaio to turn off the disk after 3 minutes of inactivity, you may want more, you may want less. At the end of the day, if you are doing anything that prevents the hard drive from spinning down ever, you are draining your battery more than needed.

Like a Boy Scout, Be Prepared. I make a point of configuring my ‘flight mode’ prior to getting on the plane. It may only take 5-10 minutes to get your system setup properly, but that just eats into your IBM 08K8214 Battery Hp 398876-001 battery life if you wait to do it on the plane. Once done with all the settings, the last thing I do before unplugging my power supply is hibernating the PC.

I hope some of these tips help you out. Personally, I add around 30 minutes (or more) to the longevity of my standard battery (3:30 on average now), and almost an hour on the extended one (6:30 or so). This gives me almost 10 hours of combined life (4 full DVDs guaranteed), which suits me quite Hp 337607-003 battery well.


 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment