Thursday 13 August 2009

I was pretty worried my laptop battery

At first, I was pretty worried when going through the tutorial because it Laptop Battery Sony VGP-BPS8 battery had me returning HttpResponse objects in the buff with no help. As I went through it though they corrected this, and it turned out that much of the code I was writing (or just pasting, 'cause I’m lazy) was very small for a lot of work done. Each paragraph of the tutorial made the code for a generic CRUD application smaller and smaller until they showed generic views eliminating most of it.


At Django’s most complex it was IBM Laptop Battery manageable, and their documentation leads you down the path of seeing the more complicated guts, and then getting easier and easier. The end result of this is you see all the simplicity you can use, but you also get to know the more detailed ways in case you have to do something Laptop Battery weird.


This simplicity seems to be everywhere. What goes in an app? Usually just a few files with some functions in them, sometimes some regex. How do you return a response? Just make a response object. How do you set variables to a template? Just use a hashmapIBM ThinkPad A20M Battery .


I’m sure there’s lots going on behind the scenes, but for the most part it’s been refreshing to just look at a framework and not have to dig through mountains of meta-programming just to find out why my application is showing a nasty 500 error page with Sony VGP-BPS5 battery headers.


I’ll tell you a secret, I didn’t type much Python IBM ThinkPad A20 Battery to go through this tutorial. I actually just whizzed through it and cut-paste most of the code right off the web page. My goal was to go through the sample to understand the system, not to exercise my typing abilities. If you don’t know Python, then just try some cut and paste yourself.


Or, if you want to just try setting up a real Django app for yourself, try this tutorial on getting Pinax running. That’ll let you play with some of the gear without Sony VGP-BPS3 battery doing much.


Then, try out the tutorial IBM 02K7054 Battery anyway. It’ll be interesting to see how far someone can get without actually knowing much Python.


Of course, if you find you need to first Sony VGP-BPL2 battery learn some Python, then please don’t tell anyone I told you to skip the RTFM ritual.


As I work on this little poll application in the tutorial, I remember that I’m going to Prague for EuroDjangoCon 2009 to give a keynote. I’ve been to many conferences, with last year being the most I’ve ever done, but this conference season I only have time for one. How could I pass up IBM 02K6928 Battery such a cool list of speakers, nice group of people, and a Sony PCGA-BP71 battery visit to Prague?


When I think of the Python conferences I’ve been to, I’ve liked all of them quite a lot. They are rarely heavily commercial, usually very cheap, and have a much more laid back community feel to them.


The coolest thing though is meeting John Draper at PyCon. Not sure why he was there, but that was pretty cool.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment